Status: Permanent, Full Time
Salary range: $88,417.73 to $92,775.43 per annum dependent on experience
About Us: The City of Albany is one of Western Australia’s most important and historic regional Cities. The services, facilities and activities that we offer are continually evolving and expanding. As an employee of the City, you can help us to reach our full potential. We employ around 380 staff members and provide an exceptional and committed service to the City of Albany and we create an environment where every employee has an opportunity to succeed. We are committed to a more diverse workforce and promote diversity and equal opportunity employment.
Opportunity: The City of Albany’s Ranger Team is looking for an experienced and qualified individual to take up the role of Ranger Coordinator.
Reporting to the Manager Public Health and Safety, this role will see you responsible for, but not limited to:
- Providing direction to the Ranger Team for the delivery of regulatory and corporate responsibilities;
- Ensuring the City’s obligations and functions are carried out in a legal, professional, customer focused and efficient manner;
- Ensuring compliance and conformity with Acts, Regulations, Local Laws and policies in a fair, equitable and transparent manner.
- Providing specialist support to team members; and
- Providing expert advice to the community, agencies and other business units.
About You: The successful candidate will require;
- Previous experience in all facets of ranger services operations;
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and current ranger services requirements, principles and practices within Western Australia;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with the ability to direct and develop a team to achieve measurable high-level customer service and performance outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to manage investigations through the application of knowledge of legislation and Local Government policy, the prosecution and court process and evidentiary requirements; and
- Relevant Local Government qualifications.
If you meet the above requirements, have experience working in a senior Ranger position and are passionate about working for the City of Albany, please apply.
Applicants must clearly address the selection criteria in the Conditions and Selection Criteria Document to be considered for interview.
Interested? For a full job information kit and to apply visit www.albany.wa.gov.au.
If you are having any difficulties or for further assistance with the process please contact People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 6820 3110. Role related queries should be directed to Scott Reitsema, Manager Public Health and Safety at email@example.com or on (08) 6820 3069.
Deadline: Applications close 5pm, Monday 25 January 2021