Status: Permanent, Full Time
Salary range: Level 5.1 to 5.4 ($68,882.29 to $72,295.21 per annum)
About Us: The City of Albany is one of Western Australia’s most important and historic regional Cities. The services, facilities and activities that we offer are continually evolving and expanding. As an employee of the City, you can help us to reach our full potential. We employ around 380 staff members and provide an exceptional and committed service to the City of Albany and we create an environment where every employee has an opportunity to succeed. We are committed to a more diverse workforce and promote diversity and equal opportunity employment.
Opportunity: The City of Albany’s Ranger Team is looking for an experienced and customer focused individual to take up the role as Senior Ranger (Education).
Reporting to the Ranger Coordinator, this role will see you responsible for, but not limited to:
- Generating and delivering initiatives designed to increase community compliance with relevant State and Local Laws.
- Ensuring high standards of law, order and public safety are met and maintained in accordance with relevant State Government legislation as well as the City’s Local Laws, Policy and Community Objectives;
- Providing support to, and supervision of the day to day activities of Ranger staff;
- Providing high level information and customer service to the local community and visitors to the City;
- Implementing the provisions of delegated Acts, Local Laws and Policies and performing duties as required with a strong emphasis on customer service and education; and
- Facilitating a positive work environment that encourages and promotes individual and team performance.
About You: The successful candidates will require;
- Well-developed leadership skills with experience in facilitating a positive work environment that encourages and promotes individual and team performance;
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to convey information in a variety of formats in a clear, logical manner and maintain audience engagement.
- Demonstrated experience with community engagement activities;
- Well-developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, statutory investigations and legal procedures, and prosecutions as applicable to Ranger Services; and
- A certificate in Municipal Law A and B.
If you have experience working as a Local Government Ranger (preferably for at least 2 years) with considerable experience in animal handling, administration and enforcement of legislation and are passionate about working for the City of Albany please apply.
Candidates must clearly address the selection criteria in the Conditions and Selection Criteria Document to be considered for interview.
Preferred applicants will be subject to a full pre-employment medical and psychometric assessment prior to appointment.
Interested? For a full job information kit and to apply visit www.albany.wa.gov.au.
If you are having any difficulties or for further assistance with the process please contact the People and Culture Team at email@example.com or on 6820 3110. Role related queries should be directed to Scott Reitsema, Manager Public Health and Safety on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 6820 3069.
Deadline: Applications close 5pm, Monday 25 January 2021