- Permanent Full Time
- Level 5 $88,566 – $93,090 per annum which includes a 23% Ranger Loading
- Up to 15.25% superannuation contribution
Why work for the City:
The City of Busselton offers an enviable lifestyle and opportunities to be involved in meaningful work. We are a progressive and ambitious Local Government, and pride ourselves on working with our community to achieve positive outcomes. We are a responsive and agile organisation focused on continuous improvement and learning. We aim to create a bit of great in every day for our community and our employees
About the role:
- Day to day leadership of the Ranger team as well as performing the operational functions of a Ranger
- Providing support to the Ranger and Emergency Services Coordinator
- Ensuring law, order and public safety are met and maintained in accordance with relevant State Government legislation; and the City’s Local Laws, policies and community objectives.
- Working as part of the team across a 7 day operational roster with the requirement to work across the on-call roster as well.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to model the City’s values which are Listening, Considered Decision Making, Appreciation, Respect and Team Work
- Experienced Ranger with strong and proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills
To be considered for this role you must address, in no more than three A4 pages, the following essential selection criteria:
- Strong leadership skills with experience in facilitating a positive work environment that encourages and promotes individual and team performance
- Developed organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Developed written communications skills with experience writing reports, letters and other business documentation
- Highly developed verbal communications skills with a focus on conflict resolution
- Experience as a local government Ranger or other regulatory/law enforcement role.
As part of the City’s recruitment process, candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and may be required to undertake psychometric assessment. Ideally the successful candidate will be able to commence between November – January.
For full position details and to apply please visit www.busselton.wa.gov.au. Please ensure you attach a covering letter, your current resume and statement addressing the essential selection criteria above as part of your application.
Further enquiries may be directed to the Ranger and Emergency Services Coordinator, Ian McDowell on 9781 0467 or Human Resources on 9781 1727.
Applications close: 16:30 hours Monday, 2 November 2020
Previous applicants need not re-apply.