Community Safety Officer (Casual)- City of Canning
WINNERS OF THE WA RANGERS ASSOCIATION’S 2021 RANGER TEAM OF THE YEAR AWARD!
Looking for a career that makes a difference and gets you out in the field? Help us make Canning a safe, welcoming and thriving city.
What do Community Safety Officers do?
In an effort to provide peace of mind to residents, our Community Safety Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week to:
- Conduct community patrols in clearly marked vehicles
- Observe, monitor and report suspicious behaviours to Police
- Patrol ‘hot-spot’ areas to deter anti-social or criminal behaviour
- Provide a holiday watch patrol service for resident’s properties while they are away, at no extra cost
- Provide advice and information on community safety and security
- Detect and report graffiti and vandalism
- Enforce relevant legislation and local laws applicable to the control of animals, parking, litter, abandoned vehicles and off-road vehicles.
Skills & Experience
- Certificate II in Security Operations and valid Security Officer license
- Regulatory Officer Compliance Skills (ROCS) 1 & 2 (formerly known as Ranger Municipal Law A & B)
- Valid Provide First Aid Certificate
- Valid Working with Children Check, or willingness to obtain
- Valid Class C Driver’s licence
- Current satisfactory National Police Certificate (within 6 months validity).
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and ability to de-escalate situations and resolve conflict
- Flexibility to work on a roster consisting of 12-hour shifts over a 7 day period.
- A diverse job role with a lifestyle friendly roster of up to 76 hours per fortnight and up to 12 hour shifts (hours can vary due to operational requirements)
- The opportunity for fulltime work, as opportunities arise
- Free gym membership to the Riverton and Cannington Leisure Centres!
- $36.54 – $40.02 per hour + 25% casual loading + super
Impact the Community in a Big Way
The City of Canning aims to be a welcoming and thriving city, giving our people an opportunity to thrive through work that truly makes a difference! With a population of over 90,000 over 64 square km of land, we provide services to support and develop our community every day. We believe that engaging people with diverse backgrounds and all abilities will assist in delivering superior services to our community and are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all.
The City of Canning is proud of our Culture of Care which means caring for ourselves, our workmates and our community. We comply with the WA State Government’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Canning welcomes you to apply:
Click APPLY or contact Reuben Thom on 0409 328 761 for a confidential discussion. Reference 6-2122 and visit our website www.careers.canning.wa.gov.au for more information about the role.
This application process is open-ended and we reserve the right to contact applicants and close the advertising period early.